Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Common Thread










After a conversation with a customer this week, she reminded me of the movie, A Common Thread. A french film about a teenage girl, who at 17 and pregnant goes to work as an embroiderer with a lady who sells her work to haute couture houses in Paris.  This lady is grieving the loss of her son. 

 I really liked this reflectful film when I watched it many years ago now and was reminded of the different craftmanship that was depicted in the film, such as Tambour embroidery.   I hope my customer reads this blog as she was really curious to know more about this technique and the tools used.  Hopefully this helps!

If you would like to watch this film, it is now titled "Sequins".





Happy Weekend!



1 comment:

  1. I loved that film! I wonder why they changed the name?

    ReplyDelete