Monday, February 1, 2010

Getting to know the Calico and Ivy teachers - Kim Holland

Kim Holland teaches knitting for calico and ivy and happily moves from our beginners through to our more experienced girls looking for a new challenge. Her fair isle class last term was challenging but well received.
I thought you might be inspired by seeing some of her work, albeit that many are 'blasts from the past' (Kim's own wording), they exhibit amazing craftsmanship and you can feel the love that has been knitted into every stitch.

 

A closer inspection demonstrates the quality of Kim's knitting.

 

Whenever anyone questions the validity of the time we spend on handcrafted goods I feel disinclined to debate the topic as I always feel these people just don't 'get' it.  I think I would be better served carrying a journal with me full of images as those above to simply demonstrate the skill, and soul hours filled with satisfaction that make us the wonderful creative people we are. 

Yep you're right, they still wont 'get' it.
 

1 comment: